Thursday, March 1, 2007

"Waiting" sighting while waiting....

For those of you familiar with the 2005 Comedy "Waiting..." starring Ryan Reynolds and Justin Long, you might find my recent sighting as amusing as I did. It all happened when I was picking up some delicious food at the AROMA Cafe on my lunch break. As I was standing at the register waiting for my AMAZING grilled salmon sandwich I watched as people continued to flow in through the front door of the cafe. This place is always rockin' around lunchtime and for good reason. As my eyes scanned the folks in line they came to a sudden stop on this tall, dark and attractive middle-aged woman. It took me a moment to realize where I actually recognized her from and then it popped into my head. I was looking at Wendie Malick, not exactly the biggest star, but definitely recognizable. Most people may know her from her recurring role on "Fraiser" and NBC's "Just Shoot Me!" In my mind she stood out as Ryan Reynold's snooty mother in "Waiting..." In my opinion, one of the funniest mother-son dialogues in a comedy for years.



Livin' in LA is so much fun. You never know who you're randomly going to see. Another day another run in......

No comments: